Medigap Plan N | Medicare Supplement Plan N
To get a rate quote comparison on a Medigap Plan N or other Medicare Supplement plans for your age and zip code, visit Medigap Plan N Quotes.
Medigap Plan N: What Does It Cover?
Plan N is similar to the other Medigap plans in several significant ways:
br> So why is the premium lower - what does it NOT cover?
- First of all, it is standardized like other plans. That is, one company's Plan N is the exact same as another company's Plan N.
- Second of all and most importantly, it covers the main thing that you want a Medigap plan to cover - the 20% not covered by Medicare at the doctor and hospital. This 20% is unlimited and can be an astronomical amount in the case of a major illness or surgery.
- Additionally, Plan N also covers the Part A (hospital) deductible, which is $1100/year for 2010.
- Plan N does NOT cover the Medicare Part B deductible (which is $155/year for 2010) - Plans G and D do not cover this deductible either.
- Also, Plan N uses cost-sharing for doctor's office visits. You pay up a $20 co-pay for doctor visits (or 20% of the visit, whichever is less).
- You also pay up to a $50 co-pay for emergency room visits
Who Does It Work for?
This plan is ideal for people in the following situations (and many other situations):
- People on Medicare that have been declined when applying for other plans. With some of the companies and in most states, this plan is "Guaranteed Issue", which means that you can not be declined coverage.
- People on Medicare who are in good health but want to have a Medigap plan to provide protection from the rising costs of healthcare.
- People on Medicare Advantage plans, who wish to get out of those types of plans but want to keep costs as low as possible.
- People on Medicare who have a Medigap plan that is very expensive. Regardless of health status, these individuals can replace that plan with a less expensive but still comprehensive Plan N.
When Does It Start?
Medigap Plan N is available now for effective dates 6/1/2010 and after. You can change Medigap plans at any time during the year - there is no special "enrollment period" like there is with Part D.
Why Should You Consider It?
You should consider Plan N if you fall into one of the situations listed above. This marks the first time that everyone, regardless of age or situation, is "Guaranteed Issue" into a Medigap plan. Plan N promises to be a great plan and is a fraction of the cost of other Medigap plans, in most situations.
To get quotes on the plan or more information, go to Medigap Plan N quotes or call us at 877.506.3378.